If you have interest in faith and science, why not consider taking a course at Bethany Seminary—or even earning a Certificate in Theology and Science.
Here are the course currently being offered:
- Science, Theology, and Ministry
- Ecological Theology and Christian Responsibility
- Environmental Ethics in Theological Perspective
- Science and Religion
- Science Fiction and Theology
- Introduction to Theological Reflection (with insights from Physics and Biology)
- Ministry across Generations (with an emphasis on Neuroscience)
- Taking Church beyond the Walls
Graduate School Certificate in Theology and Science
In every area from physics to medical science, each year brings new discoveries that can inspire wonder, stretch our faith, and inform our ministry. The Certificate in Theology and Science assumes interest, rather than prior knowledge or ability, in fields of science and theology. It offers students the opportunity to (1) understand better the different ways that scientists and theologians form questions, gather evidence and find answers; (2) explore places of potential conflict or collaboration between science and theology; and (3) learn practical scientific knowledge that can be valuable for one’s vocation.
Students can choose to focus their work on specific areas, such as the intertwined history of science and faith; the theory and practice of creation care; neuroscience for ministry; evolution and biblical interpretation; human relationship with animals and machines; technology and Christian ethics; and many others.
If you have questions or interest, please contact the Bethany admission department.
615 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374